Sunday, July 17, 2005

peaks and troughs

An emotional week in Bavaria...Rain and rain and mountainbiking then sunshine and more biking and then the shit hits the fan.. After consuming a dodgy steak at a local American hotel, I awake at 6AM feeling a little grim..three hours into a bike ride I develop acute gut pain.. there is no turning back.. unless I am to be airlifted out.. My lowepro minitrekker full of Nikon gear including the trusty D2X is suddenly a burden.. There is no option but to bike for base.. The hours pass by and the guts and stomach stay in tact..just.. I manage the course but on arrival in Garmisch a mere 30 minutes from sanctuary I share a fellow bikers water.. this triggers superfast psycho voms.. Quickly disappearing behind a tree,I launch three in rapid succession, emptying my stomach of all its contents , rinse my mouth out, suddenly feel refreshed and elated and cycle back into the Edelweiss. I decide on an early night and wake at midnight. I consume a bottle of ice cold Evian and omit three more rapid pukes of dirty brown liquid chemicals and poison and then I'm ready for a day gorge walking and trekking...The ups and downs of life in the mountains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home