Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Acropolitics


Took the tram into Athens this morning... An airconditioned version of the Metrolink set up for last years olympic games no doubt.. We went to the Acropolis in scorching heat but they refused me entry with my mintrekker rucksack. Despite my protestations I had to cache it in a cloakroom. Only rucksacks were banned other bigger bags with handles were allowed..No bags were searched. I didn't understand the rational frankly.. It looks like the authorities here have got the fear.. irrational kneejerk response. In the end I worked only with two bodies and the 10.5mm and 70-200 VR as it was mad hot and hard graft lugging other lenses by hand was impossible. There's so much scaffolding and engineering gear around the Acropolis site that in my book it looks like they're in the process of rebuilding it... Another ancient site bites the dust... Lisa, Richard, Maureen and I had a slush in a bar at the base of the Acropolis...Nice...Shot the Greek guards in funny costumes outside the Parliament before heading back by tram to Glyfada... Fell asleep watching the tedious second half of Man U beating Beijing Hyundai.. pointless capitalist game.. And now it's time to prepare for.. Mousakka.. Oh yes.. now you're talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home